Alright, things are interesting....
I know its been a while since I have put anything up here (thanks Claire... ) but its been a busy week. That's not true. Mostly its been freezing. And I dont have that many clothes. Its hard to get much done when its 14 degrees outside and everything I have to do is outside. Its so cold sometimes I go out and have to catch my breath! Yikes.
What has gotten done this week is mostly taking care of the apartment.
Tuesday: went to see it, signed the lease, and moved in.
Wednesday: Cleaning!!! ugh And the 1 Euro store for some items :)
Thursday-Friday: Ikea, laundry, putting up little touches etc, and I have no idea what else.
Sat-Today: Joooooobbbbbsssss! Jobs.
Oh! And also, we have a phone! Finally! Let me tell you a little story about getting a phone. This has been a 3-4 day ordeal. Vodaphone is horrible! Finally it took 3.5 hours of comparison shopping from 5 different places in a mall. Up and down floors, back and forth from each end of the mall, weaving through all of the holiday shoppers, clogged hallways, MISERY. But we got a phone. Its a T-Pont (this is like T-Mobile). Its prepaid, and all that matters is IT WORKS! Amazing.
So this weekend we have been focusing on putting up signs for English tutors etc. and come tomorrow morning, we will be hitting the pavement in search of legit jobs to secure a work permit. Yikes. So its somewhat nerve racking to have everything in place and commitments made (i.e. apt lease) and have no permission to stay here longer than three months.
Thats enough of a recap. Here are some of the latest obstacles I am relearning to overcome:
Still learning doors. I cant tell you why its so hard for me to figure them out, but I have literally been locked inside my apartment...
Ovens: We cooked dinner in the microwave the first night. Now I get the whole gas situation, but somehow its not that simple. And also, what degree is setting 5? There are no temperatures. Go figure.
Showers: Cooooolld! then HoooooooT!!! (ow!) yeah, again its gas, so it doesnt work like ours do. Its a process in the morning.
So that should give you a pretty accurate account of my day. Mostly I wake up and spend 1 hour figuring out the shower, 20 mins figuring out how to get out of the apartment, and the rest of the day looking like a goon trying to get in and out of places. Ha! Well, I sure am a sight!
2009. december 13., vasárnap
Feliratkozás:
Megjegyzések küldése (Atom)
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése