So it seems that our hostel was robbed last night.
I arrived at the hostel this morning, and the receptionist, Csenge, said that when she woke up, the door was left ajar overnight. She said that she always checks the doors at night, and turns off all of the lights, but when she woke up, the front door was not closed completely, as if someone had been outside smoking. This was very strange. A few hours later, one of the guests (there were only 5 last night) was missing her wallet. We searched all over the hostel for her wallet, but to no avail. Nothing else was missing. Laptops, cameras, wallets of the other guests were all accounted for. So the guest called the credit card company to cancel her cards. The company said that at 3 am someone went with her card to the ATM to withdraw all of the cash. Fortunately, they didnt have her pin number, and werent able to get any of the money.
Just a bit later, I received an email from another hostel saying that they had caught a thief!!! It was a pair of Hungarian men in their twenties. One of them had broken into the hostel, and one was still outside the front door! They only spoke broken English and German, and when confronted by the receptionist at the other hostel, they claimed that they were looking for a room. But they had already broken in without ringing the bell or calling!
We are very lucky nothing worse happened, and nothing else was stolen that we know of so far. What a night!
2010. március 1., hétfő
Feliratkozás:
Megjegyzések küldése (Atom)
Hi Candace! I am glad you have a blog so I can keep up with your world travels :) It's great that you can share all of your adventures with us. I feel like I am reading a thrilling novel when I read your posts. You always find yourself in a pickle don't ya?? :) You're are a modern day Lucille Ball. Good thing I love Lucy!
VálaszTörlésHope you are well.
XOXO
Carolyn